About the Media Center
Students are encouraged to use the media center to look for books, conduct research, work on individual and group projects, type, and complete projects. Media center policies are as follows:
- Students come to the media center regularly with their classes to check out books.
- Student loan period is two weeks, but books may be returned at any time. Students may check out as many books as they like, as long as they are returned on time. No fines are charged for overdue books.
- Because library materials serve the diverse backgrounds, interests, maturity levels, and reading levels of the entire student body, students should self-select appropriate books for themselves, asking for guidance as needed.
- Students can come to the media center on their own during the school day with a pass signed by a teacher.
- Computers are available for students for research, homework, and completing school work. Please ask permission before printing.
- The media center is normally open from 7:30 until 4:00 Monday through Thursday. Hours may vary, depending on staff meetings and scheduled responsibilities.